Tuesday 25 October 2011

Diary of a Winchester Lady: Meeting with a Medium

When I stepped into Charlotte Smith’s house I was hit with an overpowering scent of incense which smelt like mixed spices, so strong that I was able to imagine her entire house filled with the bright red and orange colours you would usually associate with curries. The smell of the house was enough to make me think that this woman was going to be a throw back from the 70s, filled to brim with free love and flowers.
To my surprise, and to my delight, Charlotte seemed to be very much a ‘plain Jane’, with greying hair tied loosely in a pony tail, a pink fleece and a pair of boot cut jeans she was hardly what you would expect a psychic medium to look like.
Apparently from her childhood she had always been able to see and feel the energy of people/animal and places. I asked her what she meant by energy and she explained that everything emits a vibration, which can be felt by some people who have a sensitivity to it.
She explained how everyone is different in how they grieve and there is no right or wrong way, it is a journey, and one which Charlotte feels she has a role to play in, when the time is right.
She gave me a list of some things to watch for when having a reading so that any information they are given can be verified as accurate.
·         Say as little as possible while you are there.
·         Try not to react in a positive or negative way with your body language so the medium isn’t reading ‘you’ instead of making the contact with your loved one.
·         Don’t be afraid to say if information she/he is giving is incorrect.
·         Any medium worth their salt is there to help you, and will only be able to give you the best reading the can if you are 100% honest and that means saying if they are not connecting with someone you recognise.
·         A good medium should be able to give you a very accurate description of your loved ones character and personality. Their likes and dislikes while they were here.
·         Do not accept generalised descriptions
·         Bear in mind that it is not always possible for a medium to make the contact with the person you were hoping to hear from.
Charlotte began by ‘tuning into my energy field’
I was quite surprised that she accurately described my own character and she also was able to tell me what I had been like when I was a child.
She was accurate in her description of my family life, that I had lived by the sea and spent summer holidays on beaches, that I had siblings, and that I had been brought up mainly by my mum, which was true as my father had not been a part of my life in any positive way.
I was slightly sceptical at this point, because although the information she was giving was accurate, it would not be difficult for anyone to guess that most children go to the seaside at some point, and that in today’s society a single parent family is nothing out of the ordinary.
She slipped into telling me that she could feel strongly the presence of my grandfather.
The moment she said that, I felt curious and emotional. She described him completely accurately, including that he had loved to tease myself and my sisters, that he was always playing tricks on us.
She said I had only had him as a grandparent and that my other grandparents had died before I was born which was true. She described my mother’s relationship with my grandfather, which impressed me.
She went on to describe my grandmother, my grandfather’s wife who had died 15 years before I was born. She then explained that they had a ‘fairy tale’ courtship and marriage, and that there had been something important withheld from my grandfather which came to light only when they became married. This was true, my grandmother had lied about her age, and was in fact 3 years younger than she had led my grandfather to believe, it was only when registering the marriage that he found out. This was something that it would have been impossible for Charlotte to know.
She told me that my grandfather wanted to reassure me that ‘all would be well’, that he was certainly watching over us, and that he gave us all the same sign when we needed reassurance; at this point I felt very emotional, as she said, we would see the sign when we looked up to the sky. There is no way this lady could possibly know that between our family members, when any of us were in need of comfort or reassurance we would see a Heron and I am sure this is what Charlotte was referring to.
She had given me what I felt was very definite proof that there is in some shape or form evidence of the survival of ourselves be it our soul, or spirit after this lifetime, and that as loved ones left behind we are still watched over by those who pass over.
As she said, my grandfather was moving his energy away, she sounded rather surprised herself when she said to me, your grandfather wants you to tell your mother not to worry about your brother, he has become a fine young man.
I burst into tears, for as well as my three sisters, I also have an older brother, who passed away when he was a baby and no one outside of my immediate family knows this.
There is a huge amount of controversy surrounding mediumship and until you have an accurate reading for yourself there is no reason to believe that it is possible for someone to connect with people who have passed over. Of course there is always a possibility that a medium could be a fraud, but this is true of any profession in the world.
I would urge anyone reading this to keep an open mind about mediumship and even if you never have a reading yourself, accept that it can be something which is extremely helpful to anyone who has lost a loved one.

1 comment:

  1. wow this was interesting how much was she and where in Winchester

    ReplyDelete