Thursday 4 November 2010

WINOL feedback

I thought that this bulletin had improved much in the same way as the last one had, although I think that this time there were also some areas which could be worked on.

Things which worked well: 
  • I thought it was better when you could see Joe Lipscombe's notes in his report because even though he didn't use them, it was reassuring to the audience to see that he had actually researched the story.
  •  
  • The "high profile" interview was also an interesting feature.
Things which could be improved:
  • At the start of Stuart Appleby's report it sounded as if some of the start of it was missing. although this may not be the case.
  •  
  • In the section after the advert there was quite upbeat music playing. I thought that the music was a bit too loud because it was not easy to hear what the presenter was saying, also it was perhaps unnecessary.
  •  
  • The red and green graphic used for the football results was quite distracting from the text and did not look at all professional.
  •  
  • With the story about parking, the clip at the start seemed to jump a bit which looked unprofessional.
  • The girl who was interviewing Chesney Hawkes looked away from the camera at the start of the interview and it looked as if she was distracted by something. I understand that maybe someone was saying something to her but I think that it ,again, looked unprofessional.
Regardless of the criticism I still think that it was a good bulletin!

2 comments:

  1. Good that you're continuing to blog about Winol - and its defects! Strangely you seem a bit underwhelmed by Chesney Hawkes, but your other points are interesting and will certainly be part of the debrief on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have seemed a bit underwhelmed because I have to admit (rather shamefully it seems) that I had idea who he was!

    ReplyDelete