Saturday 23 October 2010

WINOL Bulletin Feedback - 20/10/10

I have to say I was really impressed with the huge improvement in this bulletin compared to the previous one.

Things which have improved:
  • The audio improved dramatically in this bulletin and the commentary could be clearly heard at all time.
  •  
  • The studio shots - at times when only one presenter was talking the other was clearly out of shot.
  •  
  • I think it worked well that the football results were on screen while someone read them out. This was a huge improvement on them appearing briefly at the bottom of the screen as it gave the audience a chance to process the information.

Things which worked well:
  • I thought the news agenda for this bulletin was very appropriate for the audience and they were stories which could potentially affect viewers.
  •  
  • I think it worked well that you could see Andrew Giddings notebook in his segment because it made it clear that he was giving information that had come direct from the court.
  •  
  • I think that the studio interview worked well as there was nothing going on in the background to distract the viewer from what was being discussed, which is sometimes the case when interviews are in public places.
  •  
  • I thought it worked well that even though was one the stories was about university fees across the entire country, they related it back specifically to the University of Winchester to make it relevant to the viewer.
Things which could be improved:
  • I was a bit confused about the shot of a bench during the piece about the Bishop. It did not appear to be relevant to the story.
  •  
  • I thought that the play out was quite odd and perhaps was not needed. While I understand that it could be seen as a relevant piece because the weather is getting colder, I think that it was not really appropriate for a news bulletin, and looked more like an advert than a feature.
  •  
  • I think that it perhaps would have been better if all the reporters' notebooks had been visible if they were using them for reference because when you can't see the notes it appears that the reporter is just fidgeting!
Overall I thought it was really good and again was very professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment